I remember a response from Millennia that they intend to implement search &
replace withing a tagged subset.  That will be a future release.  Hope it might
be in version 8 as an update and not pushed off to version 9 or later.
Meanwhile, the process I explained is the only way using Legacy.  It could be
done with a SQL script but that's another story.

On Saturday, July 5, 2014 3:52 AM, Jenny M Benson <ge...@cedarbank.me.uk> wrote:

On 04/07/2014 23:37, Ron Taylor wrote:
> It was posted July 2 8:54am.  Here it is again.
>
> A search and replace in a tagged subset is needed and would be a great
> feature.  The only way to do it with the current program would be to
> export the tagged subset to another Legacy file, do the search and
> replace there, then use Intellishare merge to combine the subset back
> into the main file.
> Ron Taylor

Oh yes, I did see that and you are quite correct, of course, but I was
meaning that one could not Find & Replace within a subset *within the
existing file."  Albeit the new file is a subset of the old, I don't
think working with a new file  is what one *generally* thinks of when
referring to a subset.
--
Jenny M Benson