I use Dropbox to store my Legacy backup files. I don't change computer
often but when I do, I make sure that the backup has uploaded before
closing down my main computer and then make sure that the backups have
downloaded on the other computer and restore the backup.

I don't backup the Media with the Legacy backup. I keep the attached
Media in Dropbox so it's automatically backed up. Legacy has had no
problem finding them. I didn't even have to use the Media Relinker when
going from Legacy 7.5 to Legacy 8. So I don't know why some of you are
finding they are getting lost.

Is this when going from one computer to another? You do need the path to
the Dropbox to be identical OR set the path to the parent folder to the
default path in Options - Customise 6.2 and check that the paths for
your Media Folders begin [Default Media Folder]\  This is a new code in
Legacy 8 and is great if you are constantly changing between two
computers. If your file isn't using this you can use Search and Replace
on the media path to change the parent folder path to [Default Media Folder]

I agree that there are often problems with keeping the main data files
on the cloud. Despite good intentions people either don't give it time
to upload or download when changing computers and end up with conflicted
copies.

Re the OP question. Why isn't the Media Relinker finding the media on
the Dropbox
1) Perhaps rebooting the computer would help.
2) Are you asking it to research each time you try? If it didn't find
the folders the first time and you don't re-search, they still won't be
there.

Cathy