Hi Dave,  simple and great code, thanks.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Naylor [mailto:nay...@unforgettable.com]
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 8:30 PM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Dropbox / Legacy problem

On 11 Nov 2014  David Cripps wrote:

> Now  my  argument  is, I would agree with his method if only the whole
> process  could  be automated.  The only way I could see that happening
> is  for  an  external program to run as Legacy closes.  Now in the old
> days  we might have considered a batch file to run to do this as
> Legacy closes.

Why "in the old days"?  Batch files still function quite well and I use one
(with Legacy's icon) to run Legacy... it does some things such as comparing
date/times of multiple family file copies before running Legacy, then it runs
Legacy, then after Legacy closes it does

further things including checking the Archive flags to see what needs

backing up and it performs those backups.

The batch code I use to run Legacy on Windows 8 is:

@echo off
echo:
echo                 DO *NOT* CLOSE THIS WINDOW
echo:
echo  It will close after performing backups when Legacy closes
::
:: batch commands to be run before Legacy opens
echo:
echo ===================
echo   RUNNING LEGACY 8
start /DC:\Progra~2\Legacy8 /HIGH /WAIT Legacy.exe echo ===================
echo  LEGACY closed
::
:: batch commands to be run after Legacy closes -- make backups, etc.
:End

Batch functions could be improved if Legacy had some command line switches for
its file maintenance choices -- especially check/repair and compacting family
files.

Hope this is of help.

Cheers! -- Dave N.
--
  David Naylor, Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada.
---