On 2014/11/28 02:40 PM, BARTON LEWIS wrote:
> Thanks.  But, when I right clicked on John and unlinked to Elizabeth LNU, it
> removed their daughter Sarah as a child of John but left her as a daughter of
> Elizabeth LNU.
>
> John and Elizabeth's son John is correctly listed as their child.  But Sarah
> is
> now the daughter of Elizabeth LNU and unknown.  How do I make Sarah the
> daughter
> of Elizabeth and John?

When you unlink a father from a marriage, any children are also removed from
him, but stay linked with the mother. That's why Sarah is no longer a child of
John.

Suggest you get things straight in your own mind before pruning and grafting
within a tree. Have a very good idea (on paper) of how you want things to end up
looking. Now, create another diagram of how things look now. You'll want to
record the RINs on the individuals and the MRINs on the marriages.

Now, it's a matter of unlinking and relinking children so that they're with the
right marriage(s) i.e.the right set of parents. Any duplicate people should be
unlinked from everyone, and then deleted.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry (Jhb)