See the extracts from the GEDCOM below - these are taken directly from
what RootsMagic produced, and as there's no difference in format between
the PLAC and ADDR pairs of lines, I can only assume it was Legacy that
made the change.

Arthur

On 16/01/2015 17:57, ronfergy....@tiscali.co.uk wrote:
> Have you checked the GEDCOM, you can open it in any text editor. You can then
> see if the change is on export from whatever program, or on import into
> Legacy.
>
> Ron Ferguson
> http://www.fergys.co.uk/
>

> Arthur & Pauline Kennedy <ken...@paxnet.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I've have some help on this, but nothing really got to the bottom of how
>> or why "n/a" gets inserted into some of the event addresses when I do a
>> GEDCOM import, and whether there is anything I can do about it, before,
>> during or after the import.
>>
>> As I said in a different message, it makes we wonder (and worry) whether
>> there were any other unwanted changes to my data when I imported it.
>>
>> Can anyone help further, please?
>>
>> Arthur
>>

>> On 12/01/2015 19:30, Arthur & Pauline Kennedy wrote:
>>> No replies to my query below yet, so here's a bit more information in
>>> case that inspires a response.
>>>
>>> In relation to point 2, I've inspected the .ged file that I imported,
>>> and just don't understand why this happened.
>>>
>>> This event imported with the address intact:
>>> 1 DEAT
>>> 2 DATE 22 FEB 1952
>>> 2 PLAC Harrogate, WRY
>>> 2 ADDR Alexandra Nursing Home
>>> 2 SOUR @S171@
>>> 3 _TMPLT
>>> 4 FIELD
>>> 5 NAME Page
>>>
>>> but with this one the address went into the list as "n/a - 41 Carey Street":
>>> 1 CENS
>>> 2 DATE 6 APR 1891
>>> 2 PLAC Middlesbrough, NRY
>>> 2 ADDR 41 Carey Street
>>> 2 NOTE Age 7, born Middlesbrough; Scholar.
>>> 2 SOUR @S12@
>>> 3 PAGE RG12/4014 fo27 p5
>>> 3 _TMPLT
>>> 4 FIELD