Judy Russell, aka "The Legal Genealogist"
(http://www.legalgenealogist.com/), writes about DNA each Sunday (her
time, Monday for me). You may like to take a look at some of her
columns, they're well-written and easy to understand.

Late last year she ran a "best of" series, including this one on her DNA
posts through the year -
http://www.legalgenealogist.com/blog/2014/12/29/2014-top-posts-dna/

 From what I've read of this blog, you need to consider what you are
trying to determine from the testing, and who you're going to test,
before deciding which tests might be the best one for you.

Hope this helps.  :-)

Kind Regards,
Wendy