From: Barton Lewis [mailto:bartonle...@optonline.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:31 PM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Obituaries

I’m having problems finding a suitable format for citing obituaries.  I tried
“newspapers > print editions (microfilm or original)” from the SourceWriter for
an obit I got from a public library.  Filling in all fields, it came out like
this in the output:

“Donna P. Kennedy,” (Troy) Troy Daily News, 3 Nov 1987, p. 5.

Notice the State is not listed.  There is a field for State but it does not
show in the output.  Why not?

Also, most obits do not have a “title.”  The person’s name is the heading above
the text in my example, so I typed that in the “Article” field.  Does this seem
right?

Finally, it would be nice if the output listed the repository, but it does not.
 E Shown Mills says not to cite the repository, but I disagree.  Would some
other format include it in the output?

Thanks,

Barton

  _____