As an adult, I can be baptized, but I can not be christened. Only an
infant can be christened. Or a ship.... <g>. Christening is a naming
rite. It's generally done at the same time as an infant baptism.

Baptism is the rite which is either as a sacrament claiming the baby
for Jesus and His church, or a believer's baptism, done when a person
reaches a certain age of understanding to signify their faith and
commitment to follow Jesus.

Some people believe the terms can be used interchangeably. Many Legacy
users consider them two different rites, which is why they wish to be
able to assign the labels on an individual level, like we can do
buried and cremated.

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support