Hard to say. This might be something the techs need to look at - the
original file as well as the gedcom.

The error message said "can't open database" but you need to have it
open to create the gedcom! Did you get this while you were working in
the file?  It generally means the Family File is corrupted and
hopefully the gedcom will restore it.

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support