On 2015/05/03 02:43 AM, Marilyn Clark wrote:

> Yes, So, I went thru and deleted all those "General Notes". Now I cannot open
> the database again. Says it cannot lock the file. So I moved the file from my
> Google Drive folder to the recommended folder and it seems to be opening oK
> now
> (today). Maybe it doesn't like a cloud storage for the active family file
> (.fdb)

There you are! Using Cloud storage for working files is always going to be
problematic. You can not guarantee that temporary (the lock file in this case)
files do not get copied to the Cloud whilst you're working locally. Then, when
you finish, Google Drive notices that the lock file has gone from your PC and
assumes the file should be retrieved from the Cloud. Next time you use the
program, the presence of the lock file leads the program (Access really) to
assume the file is already open.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry (Jhb)