On 22 Aug 2015 at 6:41, Sherry/Support wrote:

> We have an extensive article "File Import and Clean Up" in our
> Knowledge Base at
> http://support.legacyfamilytree.com/article/AA-00922

I have a somewhat different problem with importing GEDCOM files which is not
covered by that article.

At the moment I first enter my genealogical information in my main file in a
program called Family History System (FHS).

I periodically export data from that file to my main file in Legacy. So I
might export RIN 13500 to RIN 13600.

But if I import them directly into legacy, the RINs are scrambled, and do not
correspond with those in the original program.

My workaround for this is to first import them into PAF 4.0 (and do a
clean-up there) and then import directly into Legacy from PAF (ie with no
intermediate GEDCOM file).

Apart from the fact that I'm using a PAF file instead of a Legacy file, this
is in accordance with the advice given in the article.

My concern, however, is this: PAF has now been discontinued, and though
copies may be floating around, fewer people will be using it, and one day
Legacy might abandon the option of direct import from PAF.

Is there any way that Legacy GEDCOM import could be modified so that it does
NOT scramble the RINs during the import process?

--
Steve Hayes
E-mail: sha...@dunelm.org.uk

---