On 10 Sep 2015 at 16:42, Cathy Pinner wrote:

> Steve,
>
> On the import Gedcom screen check Try to keep original ID numbers
> AND
> uncheck Fill all existing abandoned RINs/MRINs
>
> Also make sure that the existing Legacy file doesn't have any RINs in
> the range you are importing or the RIN can't be kept.

Yes, I do that, and the fact that it imports them correctly from the
intermediate PAF file shows that those settings are correct.

> My first genealogy program was one called "Family History System" That
> was in DOS days. If it's a windows version of the same program, I
> thought it was no longer being developed.

That's the one, and no, I don't think it is being developed.

> What does your version have that makes it your primary database rather
> than Legacy?

It has several features that Legacy lacks, including the ability to export an
exact range of RINs/

Of course Legacy has several features that FHS lacks, which is why I use both
of them!

--
Keep well,
Steve Hayes