Agreed, some folks have way too much to say about minor issues.   Legacy,
runs on a Microsoft Access database structure and as such is able to run on
a wide variety of hardware configurations....but sometimes  there is a
hiccup when Legacy encounters non-conforming hardware or out of date
drivers , or a myriad of user errors...most are recoverableable by
rebuilding the database(file checking).

Hopefully, by now we have leaned  that "all systems fail, "not if but when"
and have taken the necessary steps to recover from such a failure without
data loss or in most case too much work. If anyone reading is  not
creating *several
backups* on a *regular backup schedule*, both offline and online, be warned
you are on very "thin Ice".

The legacy program and all of its "free" support is a great values at $69+
for the deluxe version.
In my experience no other genealogy software comes close to this value.

In my opinion the focus of a user group should be helping each other learn
to use the software most effectively not complain about the software's
sortcomings....
Tom Eckle

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 3:12 PM, Phyllis Kleist <pk7...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree.  Well said!!
>
> Phyl
>
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 2:07 PM, Stan <s...@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> Totally agree Jack. Except I have been using it from well before V3 when
>> I migrated data to it from FHS and I have NEVER experienced a fault that
>> messed up my data files  nor have I ever had the program freeze in use nor
>> have I ever experienced any issue upgrading to a later release. I am very
>> happily using 8.0.0.517  thanks.
>>
>> Cheers Stan

Tom

Human history becomes more and more a race between education and
catastrophe.

  - HG Wells <http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/H._G._Wells>