Before u start making changes dump a gedcom of everything and multipe
backups, so you have a way to get back to your current state.

Depending on how new RIDs are assigned you might get a clue as to what was
added last, so you can unlink last created and not screw up old links.

SInce we are dealing with a database,  it would sure be nice if a changelog
was created showing adds, deletes and changes historically made.  Maybe
this will be a feature of REV 9?