On 19/12/2015 21:02, Barton Lewis wrote:
> I ran a test trying to replace a name with another name (as if there
> were a typo) in the text/comments field of a census detail and this
> worked perfectly.  However, let's say I was working with a family of
> ten children and I overlooked one of them, and now I want to add her
> to every record where I used the clipboard to add that source with
> detail.  Is that possible?  I tried several ways of creating a line
> break after adding an existing name in the replace field to add the
> omitted name, but that doesn't seem to work.

If I had a list of names (one below the other) and wanted to add Joe
Bloggs below Jane Bloggs I would put "Jane Bloggs" in the Find What
field, then in the Replace With field I'd type "Jane Blogss" then click
on the CR button (below left on that screen) then type "Joe Bloggs" then
again click on the CR button.

Don't actually type the quotation marks.

--
Jenny M Benson