I've just updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. Seems to me much like
Windows 7 with the Start Menu back to words for most of it.

I'm now enjoying what is basically a new computer as I saved all my data
and took my laptop to a computer tech and asked him to put a clean
install of Windows 10 on it and physically clean the inside of the
laptop while he had it.
It took a while to reinstall my programs and copy back my data but it's
all there without losing one bookmark or one email let alone other data.

I wouldn't stay with an over the top upgrade to Windows 10.

I'm enjoying Windows 10.

Cathy