From: LegacyUserGroup [mailto:legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com] On
Behalf Of William Boswell
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 12:19 PM
To: 'Legacy User Group' <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] WW I Draft Cards

I'm not sure myself, but I have noticed that many people with different names
will have the exact same number so it could be a lot or image number to locate
what box the originals were kept in.  I know some city archives will list a box
number for certain documents so it is easier to find them.  I originally
thought it might have something to do with the category a potential draftee
might be placed in whether they were suitable for service or not.

I've seen a lot of these too, but I don't include them when transcribing
because it doesn't say what that number refers to.  I only use the information
on the front of the card and some of the information on the back.  Ancestry
rarely includes the reverse side which requires using the arrows to move ahead
to the next image.  I'm more interested in the registration date and personal
attributes on the reverse side since I include the images anyway.

Bill Boswell