Eliz
Thank you so much for the links - already having fun exploring the parish
clerks website.  I do have (just got it) the book "The Parish Clerk" - very
interesting seeing it all fitting together.
I didn't say exactly anyone or place.  But they were in Middlesex (Staines
and Shepperton), northern Surry (Lambeth and that whole area just south of
the Thames) and Debtford/Lewisham.  At least that I have identified so far.