Confirmed by Microsoft just this morning:  Files save to OneDrive by default in
Windows 10

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Files-save-to-OneDrive-by-default-in-Windows-10-33da0077-770c-4bda-b61e-8c8e8ca70ac7?wt.mc_id=rm_onedrive_default-save-location_bodycopy-here

<https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Files-save-to-OneDrive-by-default-in-Windows-10-33da0077-770c-4bda-b61e-8c8e8ca70ac7?wt.mc_id=rm_onedrive_default-save-location_bodycopy-here&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US>
 &ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

In comparing my new computer against some other Windows 10 computers that were
UPGRADED instead of a CLEAN install, there is no OneDrive in the file path for
the Users\Documents on the UPGRADED systems.

What this means is that the old file path most of us are used to

“C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Legacy Family Tree\_AppData” may now appear to
users doing a clean install as:

“C”\Users\YourName\OneDrive\Documents\Legacy Family Tree\_AppData”

What’s not yet clear to me if it’s the installation of Microsoft Office on my
computer that forced this new default location or if it happens to all NEW
installation doing a CLEAN install instead of an upgrade in place. The fact
that the above URL is a MS Office Support web page, leads me to believe that it
may be the existence of Office that does this dirty trick. I know most users
running Windows 10 that were upgraded do NOT have the OneDrive in the Documents
path. I even got an email from Microsoft this morning saying welcome to One
Drive…you’ve chosen to take advantage of OneDrive…. I did no such thing. I
think it’s being forced by MS just like the GetWindows10 downloads.

So far, Legacy seems happy with dealing with a file path that contains OneDrive
for all the “_AppData” --- something that caught Legacy support by surprise.
With multiple versions of Windows 10 now in use and the upgrade differing from
the clean installs, who knows where this leads.

Let the games begin.

Brian in CA