From: LegacyUserGroup [mailto:legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com] On
Behalf Of MikeFry
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 2:07 PM
To: legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] File locations on new installs

On 25 May 2016 8:18 PM, Brian L. Lightfoot wrote:

> It seems that I was right in that Microsoft is pushing their OneDrive
> cloud service onto users whether they want it or not. Now we know why
> the upgrade to Windows 10 was free. It will be interesting to see if
> existing users of previous versions of Windows 10 will have their
> Documents folder moved into a OneDrive folder.

I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and my Documents folder stayed exactly where
it has always been - on the C: drive. There has been no evidence of any move
towards using OneDrive.

Adice to new Win 10 users: BEFORE installing ANYTHING, Move the Personal
folders off of OneDrive.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry (Jhb)