On 25 May 2016 at 23:07, MikeFry wrote:

> On 25 May 2016 8:18 PM, Brian L. Lightfoot wrote:
>
> > It seems that I was right in that Microsoft is pushing their OneDrive cloud
> > service onto users whether they want it or not. Now we know why the upgrade
> > to Windows 10 was free. It will be interesting to see if existing users of
> > previous versions of Windows 10 will have their Documents folder moved into
> > a OneDrive folder.
>
> I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and my Documents folder stayed exactly where
> it has always been - on the C: drive. There has been no evidence of any move
> towards using OneDrive.
>
> Adice to new Win 10 users: BEFORE installing ANYTHING, Move the Personal
> folders off of OneDrive.

I upgraded from Legacy 7.5, and preferred the kind of data file storage that
v7.5 used, and so have me data in E:\Leg8Data, whereas my "My Documents"
folder is at G:\SteveDoc.

I did that because my C: drive was originally quite small, and though I
replaced it by a bigger drive, I kept that arrangement.

I don't have OneDrive, but I do have a GoogleDrive on my laptop, which does
not seem to be accessible by a drive letter path, so have not used it  for
anything important. I once tried to copy my Legacy data files there as a kind
of backup, and found they had been deleted from their original location, so I
moved them back pretty quicky, and have not used the GoogleDrive for anything
since. Is OneDrive like that? Is it accessible by a drive letter path or not?

--
Steve Hayes
E-mail: sha...@dunelm.org.uk