Here is an extract from a Microsoft Support Article https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Files-save-to-OneDrive-by-default-in-Windows-10-33da0077-770c-4bda-b61e-8c8e8ca70ac7 on how to set your own defaults if you do not want to have all your files saved to OneDrive by default:

"Use the OneDrive app settings to change where your files are saved by default.

In the Notifications area at the bottom of your Windows screen, right-click the OneDrive icon and click Settings. You might have to click Show hidden icons to find OneDrive.

<Graphic displayed here that I did not copy, it showed the OneDrive Icon in the user's notifications area>

In the Settings box, on the Auto save tab, under Documents and Pictures, click the list at Documents or Pictures and pick the default save location you want.

This PC only - When you create a file, the Documents or Pictures folder under This PC is the first-choice location offered to save it. The file is not saved to OneDrive unless you do so separately, and it is available only on the PC you used to save it.

OneDrive - When you create a file, the first location offered is within the Documents or Pictures folder under OneDrive. Because these folders sync to your PC, files you save there are available on your PC, even when it's not connected to the Internet. And you can use any device with an Internet connection to access your files.

Note: No matter which default setting you choose, you still can select the save location you want each time you save a file. When you click Save for new files or Save As for existing files, click OneDrive or This PC and then pick a folder to save your file to."

So yes the change may be done by Windows 10 but the users do still control their own destiny.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com