My clean install was based on the most recent release of Win10 from less than
one month ago. Older versions of Windows 10 such as upgraded from Win7 or clean
installs from a few months ago will not be showing OneDrive in the Documents
path….just yet.

It’s amazing that we have to talk about “older versions of Windows 10” !!

Here is what MS says:

Thank you for contacting OneDrive Support. The path
C:\Users\Name\OneDrive\Documents is created by default and using a clean
install of Windows 10 because the file explorer system is intricately tied with
OneDrive. For personal home users of Windows 10 OneDrive is the file system
they would be using for their computer. I understand that it will require some
changes in file paths and in any guides that reference those file paths however
we did this to better incorporate file hosting and being able to access your
files from any device not just when you are at home or at work.

Brian in CA