On 24 Jun 2016 18:17, Jodi wrote:

Really?  well than Legacy should have a spam blocker or something.  NO One
should have to have this be a problem.  I do not care if Legacy is at fault or
not and that this e-mail is keeping it going, the fact that a spammer could use
this site to send these things is what is the issue.  You should have a way to
block this sort of stuff. If that is not the solution, then you should not be
telling others that they are the cause of the spam coming through, tell them how
to get rid of it.  I feel it is rude to blame others for spamming your e-mail
with this.  I checked the header details.  Finally after all these days you
thought enough to block the spammer.  That should have been done immediately.

Your response shows a certain lack of understanding as to how things actually 'work' in the 'Net.

Legacy can (and probably does) stop spam messages hitting their list and being redistributed to everyone. However, as has been said ad infinitum, this wouldn't have worked in this instance - THE MESSAGES WERE NOT SENT FROM THE LIST! In the end, blocking spam is a personal responsibility.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry (Jhb)