From: LegacyUserGroup [mailto:legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com] On
Behalf Of Jenny M Benson
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 5:59 AM
To: Legacy User Group
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] How to make a gedcom from my legacy's fdb file

On 28-Jun-16 01:37 PM, Gloria DeSousa wrote:
> The instructions in Legacy on how to make a gedcom leave me hanging. I
> get to where I am suppose to choose a file to make into a gedcom, and
> I get the message: *"Family tree.fdb already exists. Do you want to
> replace it?"*

Just open your family file in the usual way, select Export from the File
menu and proceed from there.  When you click on "Select a filename and START
EXPORT" the filename you are asked to select is the name you choose for the
Gedcom you are creating.

I think the use of the word "Select" there is misleading as it implies you
are going to click on an existing filename, but you are not, you are
creating a new file with a new name.

--
Jenny M Benson