The idea of having the notes for the vital events within the chronology
(instead at the end of the report) has gotten me thinking about applying it
to my own family.  Before I do anything however, I need some other eyes
 and thoughts- - - what would be the problems of doing it this way down the
line?  For example, regarding doing searches.

Here's my thought process:

I'm  toying with the idea of the event called "Death Data" and then in the
notes for that event I could include all the research history like time of
death, the informant, and those other more obscure information; the sources
(either sourcing them within the body of the notes, or using the footnote
sourceing); I could include the alternate dates, places and why one is
wrong or why it might be a better, etc.  I would be  able to explain and
source exactly what info I got from the state Death Certificate, or a
church record or a Family Bible.

Then I could do the same for "Birth Data", "Baptism Data" and "Marriage
Data".  The resulting individual report would have all that info in a
timely order.  I would keep the top part of the report for just the vital
dates and places to be used as a quick reference.

This wouldn't be that hard to change as I could just cut and paste the
vital note section into the new event item as that is where  I already put
all the above discussion

Now, everyone's input???
Linda