On 17-Jan-17 06:32 AM, Steve Hayes wrote:
The problem I had with the Description field is that it is not really clear
what it is for, and what one should put into it.

I use it for a "Description" of the relevance of the Event to the person. For example, for an Occupation Event the Description is "Waterman" or "Draper" or whatever. For a Census Event it's something like "John Smith; head of household; married; aged 43; born in ...." etc,

If you look at the Event Sentence for any Event you can get an idea of what the programmers had in mind for each field, but you can re-word the Sentence any way you like to suit what you want it to say. For example, the Baptism Sentence is [HeShe] was baptised [Desc] [onDate] [inPlace], so you might want to put "as an adult" or "with the name Jane" or "by Reverend John Doe" or even "by Reverend John Doe, as an adult with the name Jane" in the Description field.

Whatever floats your boat!

--
Jenny M Benson