I do not see that problem with either the right click or the left click on an empty father/mother nor with the right click on an existing parent. The right or left click on an empty parent gives me the window asking if I want to add a new person or link to an existing person. Left clicking on an existing parent opens their individual edit windows not the edit window for the woman.

Brian Kelly