Good Morning Cathy,
Thank you for the explanation on where the Hash Tag data is located.
If it is 'inside' the fdb file, then they should not have disappeared.
I am curious about one other thing. I am using them as a temporary way of marking people. I use tagging for marking people who fit different requirements with regard to my research.

Are the Hash Tags meant to be an alternate permanent identifier or just temporary like I am using?

Reason I ask is whether they would be included in a gedcom and if so, what happens to them when someone who does not use Legacy opens the gedcom?

I hope the question makes sense.

Martha
Los Osos, CA