From: Michele/Support <mich...@legacyfamilytree.com>
To: 'Legacy User Group' <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>
Sent: Sun, May 14, 2017 6:34 pm
Subject: [LegacyUG] Tip of the day

TIP OF THE DAY (Legacy Staff) - "Find duplicates using only FamilySearch ID
number"
(Legacy 8 and 9)

I ran this search for the first time today. I am not sure why I never tried it
before. To get to it go to Tools > Merge Duplicates > Find Duplicates and then
select the "Special Duplicates Searches" tab. The second option is the "Find
duplicates using only FamilySearch ID number."

I ran the search and found I have 31 pairs of people sharing the same FSID. I
can see how this could have happened when you consider the ability to auto
match and FSIDs being merged. I printed a list of the 31 pairs and went through
them. I left the FSID on the correct person and deleted the FSID on the wrong
person.

Some of the dups I could understand how a mistake could have been made but some
of them were really off. I need to go back and look at the change logs to see
who did the merge and then undo them.

Michele Simmons Lewis, CG
Legacy Family Tree
mich...@legacyfamilytree.com
www.legacyfamilytree.com

Certified Genealogist is a registered trademark and the designation CG is a
service mark of the Board for Certification of Genealogists®, used under
license by Board certificants who meet competency standards.

--

--- End Message ---