TIP OF THE DAY (Legacy Staff) - Clearing the Quick Bookmarks

(all versions)

Quick Bookmarks are the three fields you see at the bottom of the Family
View. These are a shortcut to get to up to three specific people in your
file. I have one set to myself and then the other two are people I am
working on. To set a Quick Bookmark all you have to do is have the person
highlighted in the Family View and then right click in one of the fields.
Normally you don't have to clear these fields, you simply bookmark over them
(replace one name with another). However, if you want to clear the Quick
Bookmarks all you have to do is hold down the CTRL button when you right
click in the field and that will clear it.

By the way, to the left of the three Quick Bookmarks is a little book icon.
If you right click that icon your bookmark will be saved there. Left click
the icon and you will get a list of the bookmarks you have saved. You can
save up to 200 bookmarks here if the three Quick Bookmarks aren't enough :)

Michele Simmons Lewis, CG

Legacy Family Tree

mich...@legacyfamilytree.com <mailto:mich...@legacyfamilytree.com>

www.legacyfamilytree.com <http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/>

Certified Genealogist is a registered trademark and the designation CG is a
service mark of the Board for Certification of GenealogistsR, used under
license by Board certificants who meet competency standards.