Ian,

There is no "automatic update" and it's certainly not on a regular time
frame. Updates are released as they're ready and *you* have to initiate the
update process.

You may be thinking of the notification every 30 days to check for updates.

If you go to the Legacy Home tab in Legacy, you can also see if there's an
update available.

If you did try to update and you can't open Legacy now, go to the Legacy
website at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com and select Download > Download Update
to get the latest update.

Sherry