Ian,

Those only connected by links to the data file.  I think you may be looking at the size of the data folder.  If you have a lot of back ups in it the folder could easily get to that size. the data file is the one with (name).fdb.  For instance, my own data folder  has 16 days of back up files and is 16.5 gb.  but my data file (name).fdb is only 516.740 kb.

Jerry