Hi,

(John)
> > That means I'm free to ignore any kind of share-alike you apply to
> > your data. I've got a download of the OSM data dump. I can repost
> > it, right now, as public domain. You can perhaps try to sue me -
> > though I'm pretty

(Bart)
> That is your position. But at the same time we hear about
> institutions that refrain from using OSM data because they feel they
> are unable to meet the terms of our license (attribution to all
> contributors). That is in direct contradiction with your assertion.

I don't see the contradiction; John says in another paragraph that our
license affects those who want to play by the rules (however
enforceable they may be), it just doesn't affect the bad guys. So, the
institutions you speak of are the good guys who do not want to be seen
breaching our rules.

Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ##  N49°00.09' E008°23.33'