Hi,

> I agree too. I still feel OSM as a project should clarify what
> kind of attibution it exactly expects. And it should include a
> guarantee that at least the project will not sue or support
> lawsuits by indivual contributors if you adhere to the expectations
> of the project.
>
> Legal matters are all about risk management : getting sued and
> having OSM-theproject on the other side versus getting sued and having
> OSM-theproject on your side makes a lot of difference in the
> risk tradeoff, potential PR fallout and what not considerations
> a company might have for using an OSM map in their leaflet.

That is a good idea. If the Foundation where to draw up some
guidelines and give some kind of guarantee that they will not extend
their support to people acting outside of that envelope (which they
wouldn't anyway, but it's better to have it promised in writing), then
that might actually ease some doubts.

Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"