On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 04:00:58AM -0800, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> sward wrote:
> > By having a closed development process, and publishing drafts
> > for review, OSMF have forced the process to involve rounds
> > of consultation.
>
> It's not OSMF's licence. It is a third-party licence which OSM is
> considering and on which OSMF has sponsored some work. To my knowledge
> Jordan has always been very willing to receive comments and suggestions.

OSMF wanted to modify it for OpenStreetMap.  OSMF have lawyers looking
at it, with a view to ironing out legal issues.  Open Data Commons seem
to have lost interest in it.  Communications with Jordan have apparently
broken down.  I think it’s high time OSMF took a bit more control.
Hopefully, the licence itself is freely modifiable and distributable (I
don’t know, and can’t see any reference).

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall