On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Peter Miller
<peter.mil...@itoworld.com> wrote:

> I note that "Steve [is] reluctant to publish publicly as it  would invite
> another round of changes ... Henk asked about getting support from major
> contributors. Nick and Andy felt it was against the spirit of the project to
> treat some contributors as having special status."
> Umm, so Steve Coast (director and shareholder in Cloudmade) and Nick Black
> (director and probably also a shareholder in Cloudmade) and Andy Robinson
> (paid contractor to CloudMade) think that no one else should be able to
> comment on the license, notable Peter Miller (director and shareholder in
> ITO) and Frederic Ramm (director and shareholder in Geofabric) who have
> asked repeated for access on legal-talk.

That's a particularly paranoid interpretation of the quote, I read
Nick and Andy's comments as meaning something else entirely - that if
there is to be any comments it should be open to everyone, not just
selected people. But I wasn't there, and neither were you, so instead
of putting forward your conspiracy-interpretations maybe you could
just ask for clarifications to the minutes?

I really don't like your continual implications that trusted,
respected, long-time members of the OSM community are now somehow
suspect because they work for a particular company. Steve, Nick and
Andy are all stand-up guys. You keep calling into question the
integrity of people we all know well and who have and will continue to
do great things for OSM, and it's quite tiresome.

But then again, I'm a CloudMade employee, so you can now feel free to
question my integrity too, I guess.

Cheers,
Andy