On 07/16/2010 11:08 AM, Liz wrote:

The government has little control over the bureaucracy. The bureaucracy took
many years to agree to any data release, and we would expect that the process
of agreeing to another licence by those bureaucrats to be as convoluted as the
process here. It would also take a minimum of three years, starting from after
the next election. If we ask "now" it won't happen because an Australian
election date is imminent.

Thank you, that quantitative explanation makes the problem clear.

I am going to go away from this part of the conversation and clue up on some things.

- Rob.