On 25 July 2010 12:21, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
> TimSC wrote:
>> We should also get an official statement from OSMF that they will not
>> assert their database rights on our contributions.
>
> Of course if OSMF were to say that they don't assert database right on any
> contribution made by PD people then that would be great. I am not sure if it
> is possible legally though, because the very nature of database right is to
> protect the whole database - once you deal with database right you don't
> deal with individual contributions or data items any more.

Maybe a statement would be valid saying that the OSMF will not assert
any rights (or more precisely allow usage under the terms of PDDL) on
any database it releases that contains only the result of
contributions by the PD users.

I agree with TimSC that the statement on the wiki saying that the PD
checkbox is not binding is confusing.  The checkbox (button, whatever)
may have no real effect in the current situation and in what the OSMF
currently forsees will be the situation immediately after the switch,
but it's not forever.

Cheers