Frederik Ramm <frede...@...> writes:

>"If it was intended for the extraction of the original data, then it is
>a database and not a Produced Work. Otherwise it is a Produced Work."
>
>I wonder if a Garmin map would really count as a database. The purpose
>of the GMAPSUPP.IMG file is to display the map on the Garmin device.

Raster map tiles (e.g. SVG) would also be an interesting case.

There is so much ambiguity about 'produced works' and 'derived databases' that
it
would be far better for the licence to state some example cases directly, rather
than require clarifications hosted on the OSM wiki pages (!).

--
Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com)