On Sep 8, 2010, at 2:58 AM, 80n wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Eric Jarvies <e...@csl.com.mx> wrote:
>
> On Sep 8, 2010, at 2:25 AM, Sam Larsen wrote:
>
> > Eric,
> >
> > Unless you post the details of this edit on the list - then all this info is
> > useless for the rest of us reading it.  As you can see there are way too
> > many
> > emails on this list for any sane person to keep up with & this is just
> > adding to
> > the overload.  If you have provided the details to the data working group -
> > then
> > that is great, and from our point of view they are the best people for you
> > continue this investigation/discussion with.
> >
> I sent the way/info to the suggested OSM email address/people at OSM(read
> previous dialog in this thread) earlier today after having been advised(by
> Richard and 80n I believe) to do so.
>
> Eric, to be clear about what I advised - you should take this up directly
> with Google, as you are the copyright holder.  The OSMF and the Data Working
> Group might be able to support you but they are not the copyright holder -
> you are.

Ok. But I really have no desire to do so at this point.  Instead, if after a
period of time, this currently 'assumed/speculated/non-substantiated' activity
continues, then I would of course send them an email reminding them to
attribute and adhere to the OSM license, and go from there.  Right?

You seem fairly knowledgeable in these subject matters... perhaps you could
share some wisdom/informal advise of a legal nature pertaining to
copyright/license/etc.  Much of the data I am posting to OSM now, over the past
years I have licensed it out to various companies/persons for monetary gain,
wherein they could not resell, etc. the data.  Now that I am posting some of
this same data of mine here in OSM under share alike/attribution license, what
happens to the status of my original data?  I can still license independently,
correct?  For example... i will be posting properties to OSM, but I will not be
posting property owner names, property owner histories, etc., because I still
actively sell/license that data to third parties... but in doing so, I always
provide them with the geometries.  After I post these geometries to OSM, and I
later sell/license some data to someone, and provide them with the geometries
from my source data, like in PostgreSQL or shapefile format, does that in any
way conflict with the same data I have previously posted on OSM under an
entirely different license?  I am under the current understanding that there is
no problem with with... I can contribute to OSM some of my data, and that data
then becomes subject to the CC by SA license terms, whilst at the same time I
can license the same data differently to someone else... is this right?

Thanks!

Eric Jarvies