Mikel,  stop trying to smooth talk.

The CT  says fundamentally nothing about GPS and entering data, but
talks just

about transferring rights to an arbitrary group of individuals called
OSMF, members of the osm community, (currently)with and (in the future?)
without

the best intents for the project.

So do not try make it more fuzzy then it is.

The License is about letting OSMF decide how the project will go
regarding the open and free aspects of OSM.

That is is the *pain*.

It's about the future of the project regarding its core, being free to
anyone, and not have this decided

by a foundation, however  good the current intentions are.

The CT tries to safeguard the open and free aspects, but the wording is
really binding, and we all know

that legal texts are there to be interpreted .

We all know that also 2/3 of active contributors will always be found,
there are simply too

many people that don't matter, and do what they're asked.

In addition to that a lot of us don't like this license stuff. And don't
like

to be submitted to contracts if not absolutely necessary.

And don't like the principle of defending any imaginary legal rights by
contracts.

if one day the OSM will be competitive qualitatively with commercial
GEODATA

the data will be copied before we notice, and their lawyers (and there
will be a bunch of them)

will have no problem with our stupid licenses. And we will all stand
back and wonder how !

Gert Gremmen