On 18 April 2011 07:26, ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen
<g.grem...@cetest.nl> wrote:
> Thanks Grant,
>
> I understand what the OSMF stands for, and my question was maybe
> unclear:
>
> What does this phrase (about the transferred rights )in the contributor
> terms mean:
>
>> From CT 1.2.4/2
>> " These rights explicitly include commercial use, and do not exclude
> any
>> field of endeavour."
>
> As written down it seems opposite to the OSMF statutes and memorandum...

Commercial use needs to be allowed for the data to even be considered
"open knowledge" according to http://www.opendefinition.org/okd/ .
Since this is often a deciding factor for authors/users/courts, it's
probably good that this is mentioned explicitly.

Cheers