On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 1:01 AM, Nathan Edgars II <nerou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/27/2012 6:48 PM, Nick Whitelegg wrote:
>>

>> Hi Mike and Graham,
>>
>>  >We should not assume that contributors' acceptance of the new licence
>> means that they are particularly in favour of it - they may have just
>> accepted because it was easier than getting involved in the >argument,
>> and did not see it as doing any harm. From a personal point of view I
>> fall into that category - I have no interest in changing the licence,
>> but am not against it per-se, so accepted. Because I see >negligible
>> benefit in changing the licence, I find it very hard to justify data
>> loss by progressing with it.
>>
>> +1 on this : this is precisely my view.
>>
>> I really don't mind one way or the other about the licence, and have
>> kept out of it until now mostly because I have no wish to get into
>> arguments... but what I definitely don't want to see are large holes
>> appearing on the map come April 1st. I am particularly concerned about
>> my local patch, Hampshire, with a former mapper, almost certainly in the
>> top 5 Hampshire contributors, having declined the CTs. I do wonder if it
>> will do more harm than good to switch over.
>

> I in fact oppose the license change. But I oppose it because of the damage
> it will do, so declining would be hypocritical.

I did not care enought to pay attention to the details of the license
change, thinking that we are dealing with responsible people and
trusting the OSMF board to deal with peoples data in a responsible
way.

then I determined that I will not be able to accept the terms because
someone, who is a Hasardeur in my humble opinion, decided to break
compatiblity with the existing license and then, break from the idea
that I own my data and ask me to hand over them ownership.

these two things, mean that I cannot accept the CT and I cannot also
understand how people reached such a decision. It also means that any
data imported under the old license must be removed.

all of these things make me want to cry and really demotivated me.

I hope some day the board will rethink this disaster, and I hope that
creative commons 4.0 will solve the problems and make this mess go
away.

I have trust in the creative commons board still and know they will
not abuse it,

I dont have that trust any more for the osmf board for the above stated reasons.

thanks,
mike

moved to legal talk because of topic.