Mike Dupont schrieb:
This is my understanding. all of my edits belong to me, they are my
contributions that I then willingly share with others.

This is exactly what the CTs say. You sign there that you own your edit and grant the OSMF to sub-license it if needed and under well-defined terms.

IMHO it's a shame we only introduced such terms so late. When I started contributing, my understanding was that I was *giving my contributions to the project* which includes that the project can use it under share-alike-style terms and license them for use of anyone, but I always wondered why there was no agreement I needed to OK that said that in detail. (Of course, the OSMF is the legal representative of the project, as "the project" has no legal standing by itself at all.)

Robert Kaiser