andrzej zaborowski schrieb:
I'm not sure if I would have joined OSM in the first place if it had
not used this wikipedia model at this time, same as I haven't
contributed (more than bug reports) to FSF or Mozilla owned projects.

Interesting to see Mozilla mentioned here as clearly every contributor retains his rights when contributing to Mozilla code and does not assign any of his rights to anyone. You're right when it comes to FSF though, they have a strict copyright assignment policy, when you contribute code there, you don't own it any more but the FSF does.

Also note that under the OSM CTs, there is no copyright assignment per se, there is only a sub-license agreement. You don't *give away* your copyright, but you allow the OSMF to to *use* your copyrighted material and sub-license it.

Robert Kaiser