----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Dupont" <jamesmikedup...@googlemail.com>
To: "Licensing and other legal discussions." <legal-talk@openstreetmap.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: [OSM-legal-talk] importing ODBl data

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 3:03 PM, David Groom <revi...@pacific-rim.net> wrote:
Should the licence change to something other than CC-BY-SA 2.0 or ODbL 1.0,
OSMF have guaranteed that they will identify and remove any data
incompatible with that licence.

Incidentally, I believe that the burden OSMF have imposed upon themselves
makes it almost certain that no other licence than CC-BY-SA 2.0 or ODbL 1.0
would ever be used.

Ok, well then if this is so, then we dont need to leave the license
question open as in the CT. Why all the drama then?

I guess whoever drafted the CT's wanted to leave the possibility of other licences as open as possible.

If I can resolve this question, then it should not be a problem for me
to convince people to add the odbl clause to people providing data.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "convince people to add the odbl clause to people providing data".

David

I cannot ask people to agree to an open license, that is out of the
question, but odbl for database rights does not seem to be a problem.

It occurs me then under certain condions then cc-by-sa data from
europe which has database rights anyway might be just fine and a moot
point.

thanks for your answers and opinions,

mike

--