> From: Stephan Knauss [mailto:o...@stephans-server.de]
> Subject: Re: [OSM-legal-talk] Imagery license clarification needed
>
> Not understanding what the definition of LIDP is makes it so difficult
> for me to understand the license.
> Martin replied earlier and he did interpret it as not suitable for OSM.

You can't really interpret part of a license. LIDP is probably a term
defined elsewhere. I doubt a tracing is a LIDP, on the other hand, I don't
see permission for non-literal imagery derived products (IDPs).

> > Can you provide the full license so that we can see what the classify
> > tracings as?
> Unfortunately that was all license text available. It comes from HOT
> context. I noticed that a lot of imagery and data available for that
> humanitarian context comes with a clear non-commercial clause.

I checked the HOT tasking manager and the license presented to users can
be found at http://tasks.hotosm.org/license/1 (OSM OAuth signin required)
but the usage terms refer to the "NextView (NV) License)" and it's not
clear if that's the same as the usage terms.

I've cc'ed hot@ because they should be able clear up these confusions.