> Usage may be different, but the data is the same: ways with an
> hypothetical 'speed' attribute added to them in the persistent database of
> your choice. Whether you use that joined data to perform Dijkstra stunts or
> just render it graphically does not change its nature. In either case, no
> Openstreetmap data is altered in any way - only extended thus meeting the
> definition of a Collective Database.

The requisite for a collective Database is that the parts are independent,
which they aren't I think when you add information to our graph. Maybe one
has to look into the details of an actual case in order to see whether the
dbs are independant or not. IMHO an extension of OSM data is already an
alteration.

If your point of view was correct, users would hardly ever have to comply
to share alike provisions.

cheers,
Martin