sent from a phone

> On 20. Dec 2019, at 00:16, Kathleen Lu via legal-talk
> <legal-talk@openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>
> This is not what the Substantial Guideline says. It says that fewer than 100
> features is "not Substantial". It also gives as an example "More that 100
> Features only if the extraction is non-systematic and clearly based on your
> own qualitative criteria for example an extract of all the the locations of
> restaurants you have visited for a personal map to share with friends or use
> the locations of a selection of historic buildings as an adjunct in a book
> you are writing, we would regard that as non Substantial."

If I recall correctly there is no definition what a feature is. Nobody has yet
commented how they would interpret this for a border: is it about the border
way or about the individual border points from which the border is made of?

100 features may be a reasonable limit for point features, but for complex ways
and relations, already very few (maybe even a single one) may be substantial?

Kathleen, I would be interested in your thoughts what a feature is in the
context of ways.

Cheers Martin